Saturday, March 10, 2012

mukhang tatambay muna ako ulit dito. isang buwan siguro. hindi. hanggang makahanap ng ibang mapagkakaabalahan.


Sid Gomez Hildawa
Bedtime Story


I lie on my side, on my side
of the bed. Yours is vacant.
I could say the blankets are
like waves because they're
ruffled, but you'd probably say
that's a cliche. Well, here's
another: our blankets are like
hills and dunes when as a child
I'd press my cheeks against
the springy surface, imagining
my matchbox cars are traversing
a desert where dinosaurs and lions
crouch in caves and crevices
the folds make.

I may have then fallen
asleep on a linen omelet of toys,
skipped a breakfast of scrambled
eggs. But growing up is never without
creases, make-believing never
without deceit. I have seen how we
uncover beds and cover up lies; spanking
pillows to sleep, then embracing them under
the sheets. While our toys awaken.

0 comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari