Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On Uncertainty And The Impression That Men Could Easily Forget

"Know what memories will make your heavy heart heavier. "
-Brandon Dollente, Letter to my Future Self after Having my Memories Erased



Let me begin with something I know.
I know that metamorphosis is a process
of change, for example, a cocoon
will transform into a butterfly,
a beautiful one, perhaps a loved one
who passed away yesterday
in an accident across the ocean.
Will it land upon your lips
to give a last kiss? Maybe. Now let me
tell you everything I remember
about my dream last night: two lovers
were adrift at sea, directionless, motionless, lifeless
regardless of waves hitting them.
They died together yet they remained strangers,
uncertain of their hopes, dreams and sins. Isn't it
a bit funny, that I am dreaming of dreams, sinning
but still hoping? But I am sure
that this is soon to be forgotten.
Uncertainty is part of every lover's dream,
and to forget is nothing but a gift. Memories change
and wither. That is why I'll end with a story
not of a butterfly, not with a lie.
Something that will not change.
Something that I won't remember
unless I read this poem again.
There was once a boy.
His memory was lost. Adrift
at sea, only to be a passing one.

2 comments:

brandon said...

first 11 lines, sobrang ganda. as in sobra. trabahuhin mo pa.

EJ said...

hmm.. nahihinaan nga ako sa gitnang part. pinag-iisipan ko pa, haha salamat!

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari